From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2014 11:43:58 -0700
Howard,

joining one of these remote clubs can be very expensive.  The system that
Ray, W2RE has something to do with, costs about $7 or $8 grand for unlimited
use.  Stan and I went thru the hardware for all of the rent-to-use systems,
and none of the stations even came close to the station that Stan and I will
be installing in northern Floridanext summer.  Not only were most of the
stations expensive to use, Stan's super station was orders of magnitude
better than the equivalent band setups for the best of the equipment.  Some
of the rent-to-use systems had nothing more than inverted V's on the low
bands, wheras Stan will have 4 stacks of 4 element yagis on 200 foot
rotating towers.

In any event, proceed with caution if you decide to sign  up with one of
these rent-to-use outfits, as you may not get what you want, when you want
it.

73

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ