From:
Jim Stevenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 07:12:05 -0700
c, pascal, and basic have various sound commands for the pc speaker.
Soundblaster and other sound cards have more elaborate sound effects commands,
including those for the old opl fm chip.

Thousands of amateur programmers
must have generated tens of thousands of examples,
from star trek sound effects to countless others.

Where can I find such programs posted or cataloged?

I design audio displays and sonification tools for complex multi-dimensional
data and stochastic processes. This is basic research, and is not driven by
any particular data type.

I have finished a table driven set of tools for the opl fm chip, found on many
sound cards, including sound blaster.

I am now learning csound.

I plan to research sonification of multi-variate time series including
genetic algorithms and neural nets.

Thanks much again as always.

73
wb6 yoy