From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 2011 15:14:03 -0600
that is pricy.
However, one of the inherent issues with antennas, or any product that is
made by an individual for a relatively small market, is that they are going
to be pricy.
It may be expensive, and excessively so, but from the reviews, it is made
very well and the workmanship is extremely good compared to allot of the one
off individual manufacturers.
since the guy who makes them probably has to buy materials at a regular
retail market price because he's not buying bulk, the cost has to be passed
on to the consumer.  Add in labor costs, at fair market value for skill and
ability, and you end up with something that costs quite allot.

That said, if a guy can get enough use out of it, then the cost can be
considered to be worth while.  How many of us regularly drop that type of
money on fixing our vehicles or homes or whatever...I guess it's all about
priorities and what you want to spend your money on.
Dropping $700 on a new set of fernature, or a home theater system, or even a
new pair of speakers seems to be exceptible...but we all know, that ham
operators tend to be cheap anyway hi hi.

73
Colin, V A6BKX