From:
Chris Schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2007 17:06:41 -0400
It's also not such a big deal for those of us who have laptops and wireless
capabilities.  Whereas the batteries on the laptop don't necessarily last
that long, it's long enough in most cases to be able to stay on top of
things when we're in the direct path of a storm.  Besides, I don't know how
it's done through out the rest of the country, but here in Muskegon, our
skywarn net control sits at his/her house and watches the radar, and they do
it over the internet.  Taking a chance I know, but it's how we do things
here.  This would be very useful to us especially when you consider that the
primary back up frequency in case of repeater failure here is a repeater
that right now is having major antenna issues.

73,
Chris, w8cjs