From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 2016 09:50:28 -0500
Hi Group,

I am not much of a contester, but while we're on the issue of rules and
regulations, it plainly says in part 97, that you are not supposed to
cause malicious interference.  Yet during a contest and pile ups, what
do people do.  They try to over ride/cover up others so that they can
get that rare DX or score those big point totals.

I feel this encourages the whole idea of malicious interference.  I know
that the idea over all is to reach the other station, but facts are
facts--and when you listen to a pile up, you're listening to people
deliberately trying to compete with via interference in order to snare
that contact.