From:
Ham Steve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 16:13:47 -0400
Ed,

I use a glasstop and don't have any problems in that respect.  If it were a
problem, I'd get some of that stuff that comes in a bottle and forms a dot
and place them just outside of the burner hotzone.  But, my glasstop has two
duel-burners which are different sized depending on where the control knob
is set and I can use it with no difficulty.

The only thing is you do need to be a bit cautious if you remove and then
have to replace the pan, and realize that the cooktop takes longer to heat
and cool, so if something starts to boilover, turning the heat down won't
respond quite as quickly.  But, the spills are certainly easier to clean.