From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 06:05:23 -0600
I got this message, thought I'd forward Scott's answer to the list.
Does anybody know how to solve his problem?

Gday Howard.
I'm sending this direct as for some reason I can only receive e-mails from
the list it won't except them from me so feel free to send this to the list
if any one eels is interested.

This is a well known problem and easy fix,  I did it all the time years ago
at the radio station I work at.

Get a box and a hare drier or a fan heater.  Something that will produce
hot air.  Stick the tape in the box in such a way that it stands up so air
can flow around it.  When I was baking reels I would take a few and stick a
pencil or doale rod through the center and seperate them by a inch or
so.  Close the box so the nose or hose of the hare drier is sticking into
the box.  Let it cook for a few hours.  Check it once an a while to be sure
it isn't getting to hot.

Ampex had a rite up telling how long to do it and what temp to keep it at
but we just did it by feel and never had any problems.  It can also be done
in a convection oven but I never tried that because I didn't know what temp
to do it at.

Good luck and don't burn the house down.<g>

73

Scott
N0HOK / ZL1CHM
Auckland New Zealand