From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:39:58 -0500
Hi;
Just as a point of interest we too were allowed to use work computers during
lunch and break for so-called personal business.  It seems that one well
intentioned soul (not me thank God) was using this time for personal banking
complete with passwords etc.  The problem was that all computer activity was
digitally recorded and saved personal or not and oddly enough nobody knew
how to erase his personal activity.  The right people would have had no
problem "reviewing" his work and would have seen all the financial info
complete with log in info and account numbers that were input during lunch.
Thank God for retirement
At any rate, point is be ware of to much personal use of work computer
allowed or not.
Richard