From:
Anthony Vece <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2008 16:42:42 -0400
Hi Martin & List;

My Father went to the working home for the blind at 36th and Lancaster Ave.
in Philly and secured a brand new machine.
You could smell the newness of the rubber cover over the turntable.

And, the smell of the various tubes and components.

The only thing I didn't like about them was that the tone arm was a little
heavy even by the standards at that time.

But, I remember the warmth that came out of the quarter inch earphone jack.

Incidentally, does anyone  know who made those machines?

I use to play my Sinatra Dorsey mono RCA albums on that machine and they
sounded fantastic.

73 De Anthony W2AJV
ECHOLINK NODE NUMBER: 74389