From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2012 09:16:57 -0600
Hi Bob,

Yes, Best Buy does or did offer a somewhat accessible H D radio.  I heard
that Best Buy lost a supplier of some of the radio's components so they may
not be in production at this time.  I don't know if any remain in stock.

The radio was first available on July 1, 2012.
This radio is in the Insignia product line.

If you want to hear more about this radio, known as the Narrator, you can
download the Tek Talk podcast from
the home page of www.accessibleworld.org.

The run time is 1 hour and 8 minutes.

The radio is not available in stores so they won't know what you are talking
about.

The Narrator can only be purchased online or over the telephone at this
time.

The price was $99.95.

For those who want to order it online, go to www.bestbuy.com. Then type
"narrator + radio" including the quotes into the search box on the site. If
you only type the word "Narrator," you get a list of a bunch of music from a
band called "The Narrators."

You can also order the Narrator by calling Best buy at
 1 888 237 8289.

I hope this helps.

Howard Thomas, W A 9 Y B W