From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:15:35 -0400
Richard, I would eat up what you paid for 18 months in just two months
here.  My combined telephone and high speed DSL bill is $96 per month,
which gives me flat rate long distance to anywhere in the United States, so
I don't have to watch how long I'm talking to my folks, but the difference
between what you are paying and what I am paying is very striking.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 10:47 AM 6/27/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi group;
>I have found the dsl comments very interesting.  I suspect that for what
>many blind users are doing one might not notice much difference between
>cable and dsl.  If one is into downloading movies or playing video games on
>line I suppose you could see a difference.
>There is only one problem.  Although my cable is about 47.00 per month for
>internet, I have voip which eliminates my phone line and monthly phone bill.
>I found a company that works reasonably well that was charging $209.00 for
>18 months.  Although the check for $209 hurt at the time, don't miss that
>$60.00 phone bill at all.  To really compare I have to consider both the
>cost of a phone line as well as the dsl.
>Richard
>

>--
>9:08 PM

Louis Kim Kline