From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 14:14:41 -0400
Colin,

Based on my experience with two different HD radios, it's a pretty fragile
mode on AM.  In my area, broadcasters are still turning off HD at night, so
I can't speak to such things as selective fading, but during the day, I can
only get two stations with any reliability.  Just about any kind of static
or noise sends the radios back into analog mode.  Maybe some day there will
be better circuitry for coping with noise, but it's not there at the moment.

Steve