From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2013 04:30:02 -0600
you know, it's funny you mentioned paranoid Phil.
We have a local ham who is a decent enough fellow.  But he's actually
certifiably paranoid.  He seems totally normal, but he's got a shorted trace
in there somewhere cuz he's right round the bend with paranoia.
He actually destroyed, crushed to tiny pieces, a perfectly good dual band
baofeng radio, because he thought that he was being tracked with it.  He
thought that those black vans that were always following him were using the
little chinese radio to track his movements and find him.  So he took it to
the shop at work, and crushed it in a vice and then used a sledge hammer on
it...
He also thought that the skwoks he heard on his handheld while driving
around town without his tone squelch on were very suspicious and were those
black van people pinging his location.
Like I said, totally normal everyday good guy, but something just ain't
right around that barn yard hahaha.

73
Colin V A6BKX