From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 16:14:08 -0600
One thing that i have learned recently regarding shield soldering is...to
strip the jacket off the shield and to tin the actual shield with
solder...this way, when you screw the connecter on, its much much easier to
solder to the connecter because as soon as you apply heat to the connecter,
the solder on the shield will liquify and create a very solid connection to
ground.
Of course, the difficulty lies in stripping the jacket the appropriate
length back to fit perfectly into the connecter, and also insuring that none
of the ground shield threads are in contact with the center conducter.
73
Colin, V A6BKX