From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2009 05:50:56 -0600

Subject: YLRL TAPE TOPICS

I am trying to help the new distributor of the YLRL Tape Topics newsletter.
YLRL is a national lady ham operator organization.  N8CGM, Susie Scott< has
just taken over the distribution.  Things are in much disarray right now.
She has called me asking about what is necessary to send by email the best
format to those on her list who use talking screen readers.  At this time,
she has not been given the full membership list.  Thus, she does not know
who these hams are.  That is the reason I am sending this message.
I know there are many blind and visually impaired ham operators among us, so
I thought it could be helpful for me to send this message out.

THE QUESTION:  If any of you receiving this message have been getting the
YLRL Tape Topics newsletter, particularly by email, N8CGM, Susie Scott,
would be helped immensely if you would email her to let her know about it.
She is trying to make the newsletter as accessible as possible for those
using talking screen readers.  She needs to know:

1.  Your name and callsign.  As yet, she has no information about who you
are.
2.  Your email address.
3.  Any other membership information you care to give.
4.  Which screen reader you use so she can taylor the text for it.
5.  Of course, if you have technical suggestion to make, by all means, make
them.

Right now, the editor, not her, has written much of it, maybe all of it, in
multi column format.  We have been talking back and forth about the most
accessible format.

Please do email her at

She has an uphill battle to pull things together.  You can be of help.
Please email her.

Thank you for reading this.

Robert R Rogers, K8CO