Date:
Sun, 20 Mar 2011 09:55:11 -0700
I hesitated to send this but this is just a portion of an e-mail from a ham
in MI and what he had to say about blinds hams.  I sold him a SB220 and he
has issues.  Normally I would never mention the fact that I am blind but I
am not sure he being honest in this deal and when I read this kind of crap
it really fires me off.  Anyway, I just wanted to share this about how we,
the blind hams beat up our equipment and cannot tune amps  Now sighted hams
don't apparently exist in my or other blind hams lives?  By the way, sighted
hams have watched me quickly and accurately tune tube amps as all of us do..

Brian, k5in

in the ad. No I don't blame you, as you were not able to accurately able to
assess the outside and inside electronic condition. The bottom line is it
does not resemble the information you shared in the ad and with me on the
phone. I have several blind ham friends that are hams. Their gear gets
pretty beat up. They are not able to accurately access the physical
condition of the gear so I help when they sell.. Amps that need to be tuned
are prone to damage because being blind the meters/settings are not able to
be used as well as by a sighted person. I am very sorry that you are blind
and hope you are truly blessed in other areas. I know you wanted me to put
the tubes in and test it. I took another look
 inside and I am not willing to fire it up. In my opinion it is not safe.