From:
Chris Schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 17:25:28 -0400
Well, not only can you use echo link with it, but my thinking is that it's
also an interface for echo station, which is basically a repeater controller
that you can use on a computer.  It's only about $20 and it has just about
everything a guy could want for a repeater.  You could set up echo station,
and have a crossband repeater set up in no time with this radio.  Even
without the echo link stuff though, the 71 is a grand radio, the
independance that I have with it thanks to the vgs1 voice chip is amazing.
Chris, w8cjs