From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 19:41:23 -0400
    Steve:

I did some calculations last night, and alas, I think you're right on
target.

Now, here's a question. ... It may seem like a dum question, but I really
need a good answer here.

If I have to lengthen the antenna as you suggest, how do I make a splice on
each of the legs that will be electrically strong, and that won't break in
the wind, etc.?

I am now kicking myself that we didn't start with longer sections that could
later be pruned, but that's behind me now.  ... Live and learn, I guess.

Would such splicing involve soldering, or is there another way I could do
it?

I am using 14-gauge insulated wire for the antenna itself.

Thanks for any help you or anyone else can provide on the splicing issue.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ