From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 12:27:46 -0500
There are some open repeaters here that are on echolink, I don't know if the
echolink is open or not, 1 repeater is very often in use though and the
other one used to have a ton of problems, I don't know if it works better
now or not but when I'm on vacation the repeater I hang around on has
echolink open to all for sure. I seldom use it though, I use the repeater
every night when I'm on vacation and any time I'm mobile but I never use the
echolink feature. I had a simplex link up here for all to use but I lost
interest in even that and now can't afford to put it back up even if I
wanted to, I'd need another sound card for this computer and a radio and my
next radio will replace my packet radio which has a failing audio chip in it
then comes my mobile replacement unless I use the 706 in a temporary
installation for that which I probably will.