From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 22:19:59 -0400
        Gary:

A few ideas here, since I was program director for our local club for a few
years:

1.  Fox hunting

2.  Kit building

3.  Home brew night, where folks display various projects they are working
on or have finished

4.  A talk by one or two of the veteran members of the club about how they
got into ham radio, how things have changed, and where things seem to be
going in the future.

5.  Presentations by your local Emergency Management Director, Red Cross
representative, etc., as to how everyone can work together effectively
during emergencies.  It always surprises me how much these people tend to be
amazed about what we can do under very difficult conditions.

6.  Have volunteers tell their favorite, or most interesting ham story

7.  The trials and tribulations of contesting

8.  Do a demo yourself of some of the adaptive equipment you use, and how it
allows you to enjoy the ham radio hobby.  It's always interesting to find
out how little sighted hams know about how we can do things.

9.  Invite your ARRL section leader come to one of your meetings to talk
about the ARRL, and how the League and your club can work together.

These are just a few "off the top of the head" suggestions.

I hope you find at least one or two of them to be helpful.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ