From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2013 00:20:21 -0700
Howard, I'm not sure I agree with your assertion about hungry
kitties being friendly kitties.  We once had an adopto cat who
came around our apartment for handout's.  Well, I did like that
cat, a really large calico cat that I started hand feeding some
mesquite flavored chicken too.  If we were eating dinner and the
cat demanded to come in, we would let him in.  But, if I wouldn't
pay attention to him, he would tap my leg with his paw.  If I
still ignored him, he would tap again, only this time with his
claws extended just a little, and if I still continued to not
attend to him, he would really get me.  He was really something.
That cat really had a personality that grew on us and I was sad
when he left the area.  It is really cool how unique animal
personalities are if we take the time to really get to know them.
Folks with dog guides obviously know this from years of bonding
and working closely with their canine partners.  Jim WA6EKS