Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 17:52:56 -0700
    Richard,

The ts-2000 software will let you program pl tones, set menu items and works
very well with JAWS.

I found the receive audio of the ts-2000 main receiver to be far superior to
the ts-480 in my opinion.

Over all my vote was to send the ts-480s back down the road and I have two
ts-2000's and a ts-870.s.  It of course is subjective and I am sure there
others on this list that will disagree with me for various reasons and that
is good.  One addiditonal thing I will say about the ts-2000.  You have to
download the manuals from icanworkthisthing.com including the key lay out.
I am a total and the ts-2000 isn't the best for a brand new ham but I
personally like it very well.

The ts-480 does indeed use a "funky" mic connector and a mini din plug for
amp keying.

Just my thoughts and observations.

Brian, k5in