From:
Jim Kutsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 20:20:26 -0400
CQ TMG707A Experts,
I'm reaching out to all of you Kenwood TMG707A operators for some quick help.  I've been digging through the manual but finding no answer.

My fairly new Kenwood TMG707A stopped transmitting.  I'm using preprogrammed channels that have worked fine for months.  When I push the PTT, the fan starts, the receiver cuts out, but there's no output at all.  I've verified nothing out by monitoring with another 2M rig.

This problem started after several front panel buttons were pressed randomly.  It's almost like a transmit lock was activated but if so, I'm surprised that the fan still starts up.  I tried the directions for keypad lock/unlock but no success.  Any ideas what happened and how to recover?  I could do a reset to factory defaults but I hate to lose all of my frequency and PL programming.

Thanks
73,
Jim, KY2D