From:
"REV. Mark Torgerson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
REV. Mark Torgerson
Date:
Sun, 31 May 2015 21:26:04 -0500
Hi

I wanted to give an update on the ground rod situation. First, I had to get
all the utilities that may cross the property notified. This is only the
power company. They came out and sprayed orange paint marks over where their
line goes from the power poll to the house. This showed what I expected that
the line is far away from any of my projects. So, I went out with my 8 foot
rod, stood it next to the poll and found there was no way I could put the
post pounder over the top. So, I laid the rod down put the pounder on it and
set the rod up again. I slammed it in to the ground to start it off. Then, I
pushed the pounder up and let the 17 pounds of wait do the driving for me.
When it got down to where I could reach the handles, I was able to get some
serious pounding done. Soon, I had only a few inches left. I asked my wife
if she wanted me to push the rod below the surface so that it wouldn't be a
tripping hazard. She thought this was a good idea. Thus a few minutes later
the entire rod disappeared in to the ground. In order to get the rod so far
down, I turned the post pounder upside down. Anyway, I put it in so well
that I lost the end all together for a moment. Smile.I I had to dig out
about an inch to attach the wire and clamp. Now, I just have to figure out
which side of the dipole is ground...

O I also have to install the second rod near the house for the radio, and
install a fence post for a sign. Lots of pounding in my future. Smile.

God bless, and 73,
REV. Mark

--
Currently in Rockford, Greater Rockford, Illinois Mostly Cloudy,
57.0°F(13.9°C) Wind:E (080°) at 14mph (12KT)