From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2013 18:43:02 -0600
yep, the manuals are more often than not available online in html format for
all the radioshack type scanners...Either from the rad shack website, or
from third party websites.
the biggest challenge is a key chart because until you are sure which key is
which, it's hard to proceed.
google the model number and the word manual to find one.
That said, most rad shack scanners are pretty easy to program for basic
stuff.  I don't think the 2018 is a trunking scanner and I don't think it
has stuff like scan groups.
Usually the older ones like that are as simple as choosing a channel,
punching in the frequency and hitting enter to save it to that channel.
Sometimes you have to hit enter first then enter the frequency and hit enter
again.
Try both ways.
enter is typically located to the right of the zero key.
Is this a handheld or bass model?
I've found the scan key, and manual keys are usualy next to each other...so
if you have found the scan key, a nearby key will be manual.  Find manual,
hit it, enter the channel number and hit manual again to select the channel.
With the older scanners you can easily over write existing saved
frequencies.

of course, if it is a trunking scanner where you have to enter a bunch of
motorola system info it's much more complex than what I have described lol.

73
Colin, V A6BKX