From:
"Dr. Ronald E. Milliman]\\\\`" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2015 18:10:20 -0600
Eric, I do not know if you are using any kind of antenna tuner or not, other
than the built-in tuner in the 590, but if you are, you might want to
configure one of your buttons to allow you to monitor your SWR. I have a
TS-590, and use a LDG Pro1000 II, which is an automatic tuner, but even
still, I configured one of my 590 mic buttons to give me my SWR reading, and
I use it all of the time. I have found that in some instances, even though
the LDG tuner is an automatic tuner, I can still fine-tune my tuner with the
manual controls to get an even lower SWR. Regardless, it is good to know
your SWR on each band and even over the frequency range for each band.

Ron, K8HSY