From:
Richard Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2006 00:17:52 000
HI folks,

I bought a 100 ft. run just to have it when I evacuated
Katrina to SAn Antonio, because K-COmm was right there, and
I wanted to get a g5rv up and operational as soon as I lit
somewhere long enough.
AS it was I was able to recover the tag end of my 500 foot
roll from my tool shed behind my burned out house in SLidell
La.

I quit buying coax in anything less than 500 foot rolls, I
also buy a goodly supply of Amphenol pl-259 connectors.  NO
radio shack junk for this operation anymore, no wondering if
I"ve got enough coax.
YOu can asve lots of money buying from your local
electronics wholesaler if you're willing to go this route.
mEanwhile I calculate my price per foot and if a ham needs
some for an antenna project on a weekend at short notice
I"ll whack off the amount he needs and only charge what I've
got in it.  THis way I've got a fund to replace it minus
whatever I've used of course.
IF you or a friend are handy with a soldering iron you're in
business, save the money.

Also beware!  I've seen premade coax runs that weren't done
properly and had to be redone.  Quite a premium to pay if
not done right in the first place.  TAkes all the advantage
away from it.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb,
Electric Spider Productions,
Eads Tn.

Braille:  support true literacy for the blind.