From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 2015 14:07:24 -0230
Hey Hexers:

Is it possible to mount a hex beam on a mast then mount a 2ND on the same mast but above it? Say if you had a 40M beam. I know you can now buy 40 hexs but something like that up here might have some problems with the weather due to its huge size.
I really like the Mosley SF-402A which is a shortened 2 element 40M beam on a 14 foot boom and it weighs 48LBS at 699USC, throw in a 6 band hex for the same price and you gotta nice antenna system for half the cost of a steppir DB-18 or 2 3rds the cost of a Mosley 67B or Force 12 Delta 4XSL. These are the antennas I'm kicking tires on. As for the Mosely SF-402A, it has a forward gain of 3.9DB and a front to back of 15DB. Get a 6DB forward gain average on the hex, pretty good performance.

73:
Mike DE VO1AX