From:
Don Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 01:59:00 -0800
Henry,

I never blew any of the sweep tubes either but I was also pretty darned
careful as didn't have a lot of money to go spending on my mistakes.
but, I sure do know a lot of people who really went through those
tubes.

I remember one of the local ham radio stores used to have a tube on
their shelf where everybody could see it.  One side was all caved in
and I guess pretty darned ugly.  Just a reminder of what could happen
if you weren't careful with one of those rigs.

Don  W6SMB