From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 09:21:23 -0400
Hi Bob.

For what it is worth, although it will cost you an arm and a leg, both the
voice board and the tone encoder for that radio are available from the
PIEXX Company.  It takes the TU5 tone board.  I looked into that a couple
of years ago when I was contemplating buying a Kenwood TS711/811 pair.  The
guy was asking $900 for the pair, and for the age I wasn't keen on spending
that much, especially because I suspected that he might have had the golden
screwdriver inside of it.  I decided that I was halfway to the price of a
Kenwood TS2000S (actually more than halfway time I bough two voice boards
and two tone encoders), so I took the plunge and bought the TS2000S
instead.  That is the last TS811A I've seen.

I had a Kenwood TS711A briefly a number of years ago, but the transmitter
was very messed up on it--it would only put out about 4 watts.  Nice radio,
otherwise, but since I noticed the power level problem immediately, I sent
it back and got my money back.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 05:10 AM 6/27/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>I am looking for a ts-811 and I have not had any luck on eBay so I =
>thought that I would give it a try here.  Of course the speech board =
>would be nice has well but I can all ways get one and put in it.  For =
>the ones that don't know and  are wondering the ts-811 is a UHF fix =
>station all mode radio. =20
>

>--
>11:54 PM

Louis Kim Kline