From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 07:53:20 -0500
I used qrz.com when I was studying for my extra, very helpful.  As for a
catalog of adaptive equipment, just look down the list of Kenwood equipment
in any ham radio store, you're not going to find an adaptive equipment list
anywhere though that wouldn't be a bad thing and might be worth some
thought, it's winter and I'll be bored, maybe I'll put up a site with that
kind of stuff on it, just a list of accessible radios and why/how,  we'll
see. At any rate, that's about all there is for resources, besides asking
here. If all you want to do if UHF or VHF, a power supply for 1 of those
radios isn't very much. If you're planning to upgrade and get on HF, I'd
just go out and get an Astron, RS-35 or RS-35M and that way you can run HF
stuff when you get it and the UHF/VHF radio, I don't know what those cost
now, I paid $130 for mine in 98, hooked everything up to it and haven't
touched it since.