Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:08:05 -02-30
Where as Ten-tec makes there programmer's reference guides available, maybe
we should enlist the services of a third party developer to come up with a
new type of computer control interface.
The type that would allow both conventional and Pegasus operation of the
Jupiter, if it isn't already possible, which I heard it was,  and Orion,
that is if they can be afforded, <HI HI>
The computer control program wouldn't present a visual representation of
the front pannle on the screen, which it does now, but just a blank
screen.  Key combinations could be used to call info from the transceiver
and displayed on the screen to be announced by any standard screen reader
and at the same time front pannle access would be permitted.
The menu system could be designed to permit tabbing and shift/tabbing over
the items, with
the up and down arrows to select the setting of each menu item, with an
Okay button at the end of the list to send the desired settings to the
transceiver.
Unfortunately this wouldn't work on the Pegasus because there is no front
pannle.
Now, I'm no programmer but I'm pretty sure that a C++ expert could easily
do this.