From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2006 00:32:15 -0400
comp programming is great. the battery takes, about 6 hours to charge and
lasts a long time. Probably the best battery life of any HT, it's the best
I've had. It varies based on transmit time of course, but I use mine a lot
in the summer especially on my 2 week vacation every year and generally I
charge it every night, not because I have to but because I don't want to
have to the next day but I have got almost 2 days out of it. In fact, we had
a RACES activation here in October and I was on for 16 hours 3 or 4 nights
in a row and I turned the F66A on as I was getting dressed, used it to let
them know I was on the way, left it on the hole shift there some
transmitting, on low power but still, and all the way home and got it on the
charger again and it didn't show any signs of the battery going dead. that
was probably a total of 178 to 19 hours a day it ran at least 2 of those
days and I only charged it the rest of the time while I was asleep.