From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2008 17:26:31 -0500
Hi Jeff,
Over a couple of years ago, I started to notice scrambled speech on some
transmissions on the state system,but they were less than 5% of the traffic.
Then the City, the County, the Townships and WMU all switched over to the
state system and about 4 months ago, instead of hearing voice transmissions,
all that my pro96 can pick up is the control channel noise and the display
shows error decoding talk groups.  Since all city services have moved to the
state system, that means that even bus drivers and public service workers
are also encrypted.
The only local services that I can now here are community repeaters and
local fire and medical services.  The fire departments are supposed to
switch over to the state digital system but the local chiefs are fighting it
because of the problems that other fire departments have had with APCO25
systems, but when and if they do switch, my scanner will become worthless
here.  That's why I'm looking for alternatives.
Bob, [log in to unmask], K8LR
Skype name:  bobtinn
One of the best days of my life is today!