From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2012 22:51:01 -0700
from my observations, the balun and coaxial isolation choke on my Radio
works carolina windom are both well made and water resistant.
The only potential weak point could be where the vertical radiator coax
feeds into the top of the coaxial or feedline isolation choke...but there
are rubber gaskets on both ends of the PCV tubing so I highly doubt water
will get in there.
In the summer I'm going to lower the antenna down and put extra sealant on
any potential water entrance points on both the balun and the choke...better
safe than sorry next winter.

73
Colin, V A6BS