From:
"John J. Jacques" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:53:21 -0700
Hi all.  I haven't made a J Pole in a while, but the way I did it, was to
cut the quarter wave stub a tiny bit long, and then simply connect the
coax to the bottom of the antena, hot to the quarter wave side and shield
to the long side, which is three quarter waves.  YOu can then just trim
the quarter wave stub a little if needed, though I usually didn't have
any way of measuring SWR, so I didn't bother, as long as the radio didn't
complain!  GRIN!  I have seen plans that say to connect the coax the
other way, that is, hot lead to the three quarter wave side and shield to
the quarter wave stub, but that doesn't sound like it would work as well
to me, but then again, it may not matter, as the stub and the bottom of
the three quarter wave side make a transformer feeding the half wave
above it.  HOpe this makes some sense and helps a little!  GRIN!

73:
John, KG7FA:
Echo Link Node:
91232