From:
Kevin Kwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 10:11:58 -0500
one funny thing I notice is our Toronto repeaters that have echolink access
are so tightly protected with dtmf codes and pl tones, it's as if they don't
welcome general use of their link. Thank god I've got a computer gateway in
to it so I'm not controlled by these people. It amazes me when I hear about
others around the country who use echolink on two meters and seventy
centimetres so freely. Here in Toronto if you don't belong to some stupid
club that noone's ever heard of accept it's lifeless members, you're S.O.L.
unless you've got a pc.Then it's even worst with Irlp because noone wants to
leave the reflector opened and unsupervised and I've often felt ockerward
about tying up a local repeater especially a popular one. All the best,
va3kky.