From:
Jerry Neufeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:01:05 -0500
Folks, from the message below, I can only assume that the Elecraft people have not changed their position since I spoke with them last. I would be genuinely disappointed if I were to find that they would not, at least, give us readout of the display via the KRC2. Useful as this unit is, mine is frequently in service here at my shack, it cannot compare with speech read-out. I am more of a CW operator than SSB so I have my KRC2 turned up farely high as to speed. Even then, it takes longer than I like to get readings from the display.

What really disappoints me is their inclusion of CW decoders, for example, something that must take up some space in ram, yet nothing for speech read-out. How committed the company is to visually-impaired users, I fear, is going to be a matter of market and return on their investment.

Jerry  VE3QSO