From:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 03:42:33 -0500
Hi Lou,

I did forget the little problem with 4.50 that caused us to have to control
N to open a new brouser window when accessing a link from within an email
message.  Also, I have experienced a bit of what yyou are talking about on a
very few web sites trying to get jaws to stop speaking, but that's only with
4.51 as far as I can remember. As far as general sluggishness I haven't had
much trouble with that at all with the exception of the security patch that
was posted here last week. If you didn't see that you may want to try
un-installing the old versionandrun windowsupdates to getthe new version.
That has made a difference with my machine. It will be listed in add/ remove
in the hot fixes with the number 811493. That was posted by Bob Tinney a few
days ago. Other than that  I can'tthink of many things that wouldcause the
system to be sluggish. You already mentioned memory and that could be
possible but I would thinknotpropable. I would seriously look at the display
settings and the patch I mentioned.

Gary

Gary Jackson    kk5ge
Phone: 409-962-0353