From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:17:51 +600
A farmer had some puppies he needed to sell.

 H e painted a sign advertising the 20 pups. And set about nailing it to a
 post on the edge of his yard.

 As he was driving the last nail into the post, he  felt a tug on his
overalls. He looked down into the eyes of a little boy.  Mister," he said,
"I want
to buy one of
your puppies."   "Well," said the farmer, as he rubbed the sweat of the back
of his neck, "These puppies come from fine parents and cost a  good deal of
money."

  The boy dropped his head for a moment. Then reaching deep into his
   pocket, he pulled out a handful of change and held  it up to the farmer.

 "I've got thirty-nine cents. Is that enough to take  a look?"  "Sure," said
the farmer. And with that he let out a whistle "Here,Dolly!" he called. Out
from   the doghouse and down the ramp ran Dolly followed by four little
balls of fur.

The little boy pressed his face against the chain link fence.   His eyes
danced with delight. As the dogs made their  way to  the fence, the little
boy
 noticed something else stirring inside the  doghouse.  Slowly another
little
  ball appeared, this one noticeably smaller.   Down the  ramp it slid. Then
in  a somewhat awkward manner, the little pup  began hobbling toward the
others,
 doing its best to catch up....

    "I want that one," the little boy said,  pointing to the runt.

  The farmer knelt down at the boy's side and  said,  "Son, you don't want
   that puppy. He will never be able to run and  play  with you like these
other
   dogs would."

   With that the little boy stepped back from the fence, reached down, and
    began rolling up one leg of his trousers. In doing  so he revealed a
steel
    brace running down both sides of his leg attaching itself to a specially
    made shoe.

 Looking back up at the farmer, he said, "You see sir, I don't run too well
  myself, and he will need someone who  understands."

The world is full of people who need someone who  understands.
Jesus said,
 "if you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you before my Father."

                   Not ashamed?

  This is the simplest test . . . if you Love God, and  are not ashamed of
all  the marvelous things he has done for you, send this to ten people and
the
               person who sent it to you!

It's National Friendship Week. Show your friends how much you care.
Send this to everyone you consider a FRIEND.   If it comes back to you,
 then you'll know you have a circle of friends.

                   WHEN YOU RECEIVE THIS LETTER, YOU'RE
              REQUESTED TO
                   SEND IT TO AT LEAST10
                   PEOPLE, INCLUDING THE PERSON WHO SENT IT TO YOU.