Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:05:33 -0800
I have had mine for a day and a half now and I will be short, when giving my
opinion "COOL!"

My 40-80 meter wires are cut for 7225 and 3900mhz respectively.  VSWR is 1.1
to 1 just like it should be.  Forward power while on ssb can be a little
tricky since there is no peak reading setting but simply flip over to cw or
fm and you will know.  I like knowing what I am putting into the amp with my
ts-950sdx.  150 watts input on one amp gave me 1503 watts out put into the
dummy load.  46 watts input on my smaller amp gives me an average of 490
watts out put and so on.  Tune up mode while using the smaller amp isn't
quite the tone variance I would like but the jury is still out on that part.
This is in comparison to a home brew tuning device that works very very
well.  In order to get into amp tune up mode simply press any one of the
three buttons for I think 8 seconds and you will hear an audible beep.  Then
apply rf and you will get a tone.  To exit this mode simply press one of the
3 buttons or wait 30 seconds and you will hear 3 beeps.  Yes, there is a
volume pot on the left front of the box!

 All and all a nicely packaged useful box well worth the bucks as far as I
am concerned.  It has a 12vdc wall wort but one could imagine running it off
of my rig runner since it is a simple 12vdc device.  I will only need to get
the plug size and center positive or whatever and will throw the wall wort
in the drawer.  Remember, I have no affiliation with this company but I as a
total appreciate someone finally coming out with a watt meter of this type.
Later in the summer Duane, at LDG Electronics said they will come out with
one that will do uhf and vhf including 220mhz.  Man I can't wait!  There
apparently is plans for possibly even more to come depending on priorities
and sales volume!

Anyway, there you go for what it is worth!

Brian, k5in Everett Wa