From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2013 23:19:17 -0500
I have not worked with Android phones yet, but with an Acer tablet.
Hopefully you have Android version 4.1 or higher on that phone (the latest
version is 4.4, but that's not on very many of the older devices yet).  If
you go to Settings, Accessibility (on a second page of options), TalkBack,
Settings, you can bring up a tutorial that takes you through some of the
gestures.  There is another screen about managing gestures, which shows a
few more gestures that weren't in the tutorial.  One of the problems with
Google is a lack of documentation about how their accessibility features are
supposed to work.  For texting, you may want to get an external Bluetooth
keyboard.  But there are many complaints about editing on Android with
TalkBack, regardless of what keyboard is used.
73,
Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com