From:
Michael Thurman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:41:43 -0400
am stereo was never a waste, the problem is deregulation of  radio and the fact that the ccc screwed us in this country. am stereo is successful in other countries like japan, and a good music station in am stereo which I have heard back in the  day sounds excellent, almost as good  as fm if they use the kahn hazel tine system, which was rare. i had a stereo am walkman back in the day and listened to stations like ksl in salt lake when they plays music and they sounded awesome. I was over 320 miles away in the mountains with just the walkman in the window, plugged into a stereo and enjoy music in the nighttime that was wonderful when fm stations were unlistenable due to horrendous multi path distortion even with a tv antenna.