From:
Carl Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:42:58 -0700
Hi,

OK on those FCC QSLs.  Back in the 50s they really did watch the edges of
the ham bans.  I had a crystal that was labeled as 3752, 2 khz inside the
novice band.  However, the FCC disagreed, they said it was on 3749.97
khz.  They asked me what I was going to do about it and I reported that I
was not going to use that crystal anymore.  That seemed to work.

By the way, I was using a Heathkit A T 1 and it was a 4 band rig.  I think
it covered 75, 40, 20 and either 15 or 10 meters.  The old transmitter is
now in the garage someware lost in the junk.  I also used the companion
reciever that I had built, the A R-1 as I remember.  It was not a very good
reciever and a tough one to put together and aline.  In my novice days I
was KN6JIG.

Carl W6RGH