From:
Richard WEbb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 09:10:08 -0500
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 09:11:38 -0400

Andy wrote:
   >Well, so much for ham radio.  That surely points to the downfall of
   >modern technology.  Lose power, lose repeaters, lose communication.
   >Andy  WQ6R

Huh!  Yah, repeaters went down, and I'm sure the one machine in town
that touts itself as the best there is which has an echolink
connection wasn't running its echolink.

HOwever, with my hf station I was prepared, emergency power was
available as long as the batteries held out, 2 car batteries.  Gotta
get a deep cycle marine here.  WE didn't lose power however.

STill between 40 and 75 meters we had regional comms.

Live by technology, die by technology.  tHat's why we should still
maintain our hf communications capabilities.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin November 1755

"So she said it was either her or ham radio....OVER"