From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2003 23:11:17 -0500
While in my local Radio Shack store today, I asked about the availability of
the HTX10. They still show some around my region for $49.95.

Factor in a small roll of zip cord, speaker wire, etc. and a run of RG58
coax for a 10 meter dipole, and you can easily be on 10 meters for about $70
if you already have a power supply that will deliver 13.8 volts at 7 amps
peak.

As has been mentioned here before, this little radio is reasonably user
friendly once you set it up with a few favorite frequencies in the 5
memories.

Though the band doesn't produce much dx this time of year, the summer E skip
season is just cranking up.
Go for it!

Mike Duke, K5XU