From:
Ed Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 17:30:22 -03-30
Hi Randy, Scott, and anyone else following this thread.
As some of you may know I just received my call sign a couple of days
ago so I am pretty new to ham radio.
And, I'm still looking at radio equipment and haven't purchased any
yet though I am sure that will happen in the not too distant future as
I'm anxious to get on the air the way I think it's meant to be done,
using radios.
In the meantime I did download Echolink just after receiving my call
sign and I've used it a bit, I like it and don't find using it on a
basic level to be overly challenging though I've not used its advanced
features yet.
  In answer to Scott's question in regard to the existance of a
connect option and another called connect too on the station menu, my
understanding of them is as follows.
  The connect choice, alt c, is used to connect to the call sign
highlighted.
You can also connect to the call you've highlighted or selected by
simply pressing enter on it.
If you want to increase efficiency and connect to a call you expect
to find on the system without scrolling through the list which is time
consuming the connect too box is for you, in that box you can enter
the call sign you wish to connect too, a node number, etc.
You can access the connect too box by going to the station menu with
alt s and arrowing to connect too or the shortcut key is: ctrl o
I hope this is helpful, if I can help further either reply on list,
write to me directly, or find me on echolink and I will see what I can
do.
Good luck and 73.

----
Ed Barnes -- VO1ELB -- [log in to unmask]
P.O. Box 633, Harbour Grace, NL, Canada A0A 2M0
Home phone (709) 596-3165