From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 20:52:28 -0500
Hi.

Not sure how things are in the Buffalo area, but generally if I talk it up
on the radio, I can usually find a few fellows ready to help.  I've found
that it helps to feed them well for their efforts.

Also, being willing to reciprocate at some point in the future is a pretty
good idea.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 03:40 PM 2/25/2008 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi;
>While I'm thinking about spring, someone mentioned that they paid someone to
>put up their 2 meter antenna.  I'm wondering if anyone has found any good
>ideas for getting competent antenna help?  I'm not really active in my
>"local" club and there isn't lots of uhf/vhf activity although it could just
>be my timing.
>A few years ago when I put up my last r8 I sent e-mails to area clubs asking
>for help.  That turned out to be not such a good idea.  I got an eager
>volunteer but eventually discovered that he was a newer ham and nobody else
>in the club wanted to help him with this little project.
>Unfortunately I said "yes" to the first offer and later discovered that
>another club was considering making me a club project.  Not sure if I want
>to be a club project.  Somehow this shouldn't be quite so complicated.  Once
>upon a time we had a local radio store and for a not to unreasonable fee the
>owner would put up most anything.  Unfortunately those days are long gone.
>Not complaining just looking for constructive suggestions.
>Richard
>

>--
>8:45 PM

Louis Kim Kline