From:
Will Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:53:11 -0400
HI Andy and all,

Many modern repeaters do have emergency power provisions, and occasionally
you hear of one in a remote mountaintop location with no easy access to
power that has solar/battery power sources.  Of course ten to 20 inches of
rain in a day or less can knock out a lot of electronics, even with
emergency backups if much of that water finds its way into the enclosures.

73,

Will, K4SAY