From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:58:25 -0400
Hi John.

Basically, the Icom IC-703 is a QRP version of the '706 that covers
HF.  You can get a IC-703+ that covers HF thru 6 meters, also.  Neither
version of the 703 covers 2 meters or 70 cm.

Transmit power is 10 watts, and the radio has a current draw of 2 amps on
transmit, and 300 mA on receive, so it is fairly battery friendly.  It will
operate in a range of voltages from 6 to 16 VDC.  Looks pretty nice for the
QRP enthusiast who wants a readily backpackable radio.  I, too, want to
find out if it will use the UT-102 voice synthesizer.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 06:01 PM 4/23/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>HI all.  What is the Icom 703?  Haven't heard of this one.  Is it a
>stript down 706, or something?
>
>Have a good one:
>J. J.

>The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
>Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]